Posted by Greenpark on February 14 / 2019
All Hands on Deck
Try a variety of fun, hands-on activities that your children are sure to love!
- Homemade play-dough
- Make popcorn the old-fashioned way and pick a classic old movie (See list below) Prepare favourite toppings ahead of time.
- Tie-Dye t- shirts – bring out the hippy in everyone and take selfies and family portraits once t-shirts are done
- Make individual personal pizzas with everyone’s favourite toppings
- DIY science experiments
- Water bottle tornado
- Elephant toothpaste
- Baking soda & vinegar tornado
Rediscover some of these great family-friendly classic movies. Prepare and make your own nutritious and delicious snacks ahead of time, then sit back and enjoy. Make it an extra cozy time by declaring a pyjama day!
- The Goonies
- Lion King
- The LEGO Movie
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Uncle Buck
- The Sand Lot
Sharing is Caring
- Gather clothing and toys you’d like to give away or donate - make another day of it by taking them to drop off what you’ve collected.
- Go through your pantry and find canned foods to bring to a food bank.
- Teach your kids to write letters or cards to friends and family members, buy stamps and put them in the mail.
- Write a song
- Play charades or other family board games
- Teach an older child how to play chess
- Create a play and act it out
- Write a joke book
- Write and illustrate a comic book
Make this Family Day the best one yet! Get ahead of the game and start preparing some of these fun indoor activities. DIY activities are great family bonding exercises and will make your time spent inside your home, even more enjoyable! If you are looking for a perfect home to call your own, visit our website to see our amazing selection of beautiful homes, all in great locations.